My old friend Mai-Rhea inspired me to get my moribund blog rolling again, with her 30 day writing challenge. I don't know if I can keep up, but I like the challenge. A writing prompt a day for 30 days--and I don't even know what the prompts will be since I'm getting them from Mai.
10 Things that Make Me Happy
1. Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams--specifically the brambleberry crisp. My favorite thing to eat in the whole world.
2. Reed's Ginger Ale (or Ginger Beer), served cold.
3. Being early.
4. Being able to read a good novel until my head hurts.
5. The perfect song--there are many, but right now for me it's Holy Water by Switchfoot
6. A really good run where I worked hard but don't feel miserable at the end.
7. A thought-provoking conversation (while making pie)
8. Spending time in the company of good friends, eating good food. The Baileys were great for that. I miss them.
9. Being on a tropical island--especially Saipan
10. My children--even though they exhaust me, aggravate me, worry me and "time together" often feels like a burden, somehow they bring me such deep, inexplicable joy every day.
Bonus: Hanging out with Barbara. There are so many good memories we share, and I can tell you it's only gotten better with time.