So Dave Khoram tagged me, so I guess that makes me "it."
So here I am, offering seven random facts about myself. Here are the rules of the game for those I tagged.Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose four people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!
I will tag Grant, Ken & Crystal, Mai, and Bev.
Here are seven random facts about me with (almost) no forethought.
1. I once wrote a fictional story about my "dream girl" and then I met her in real life. (And no it wasn't Barbara). Her name in the story was Kej. Her name in real life was Beth and she worked in a bookstore. She turned out to be a little nuts. Sometimes what you think you think you want is not what you really want at all.
2. As a kid I used to chew on the collars of my nerdy collared shirts. Used to shred them. . .
3. As a kid I always used to imagine that I would one day be a pediatrician and drive a yellow corvette. Even though I had no interest in medicine nor much fascination with sports cars.
4. I have virtually no fond memories of elementary school. Sorry Orlando Junior Academy!
5. I really hate apples. I can't stand them--the texture, the hard, waxy skin, the sweetish smell, the way they crunch when people bite into them, the nasty cores and little black seeds. However, as soon as they're cooked, I love 'em. Apple sauce, apple juice, and apple pie, I LOVE. Just the raw apples I hate. So if you want to curry favor with this teacher, better bring me an orange!
6. I've taken two road trips in my life (well, besides driving back and forth to college and other destinations around the U.S. That doesn't count. I'm talking about a trip where you just hit the road with a buddy or two and see where you end up). The first one was during Spring Break of my senior year in high school. Me and two friends drove up the coast of the Southeastern United States from Gainesville to Savannah to Charleston and ending up near Kitty Hawk in North Carolina. The second was the summer after my freshman year in college. My buddy J and I drove from North Florida over to New Orleans. We spent about five days exploring New Orleans than drove back leisurely along the Gulf Coast, meeting two other friends near Panama City before going home.
7. I used to hate U2 in high school. (But that was only because I wasn't really familiar with their music and was too embarrassed to admitt it. That, and it annoyed the heck out of Ester Pierre Louis).