Apr 14, 2006

Seoul Searching at 2:00 A.M.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Random thoughts on my trip at 2:00 A.M. in Seoul.

I wonder how many other "Seoul-ful"puns I can think of?

Going home tomorrow. Don't want to.

I see people with "surgical" masks on their faces all the time here. I don't know why. Are they afraid of getting sick or are they sick themselves and politely keeping their germs away from everyone else? Makes me feel guilty every time I blow my nose (which has been a lot on this trip what with the cold temperatures).

Subway time is brutal. Time goes by so quickly. The constant stops makes it feel as if you've only been traveling a short time but when you look down at your watch you see that it's been like 45 minutes!

My big regret this trip is that we always end up leaving our guesthouse late and losing half the day. Seems like all day we've never really done anything in the morning. We didn't do, see, experience, or learn as much as I would have liked on this trip.

Traveling with 13 year olds is not really fun.I've realized that two of my students are really sad inside and that makes me sad.

The class vice-president has enjoyed this trip the most I think. The class president has enjoyed it the least--she's really a homebody and I think she'd be happy if she went back to Saipan tomorrow and never left again for the rest of her life.

We wasted far too much time this evening searching for a Papa Johns Pizza (which we did eventually find)

Tomorrow is last minute shopping--Insa-dong, Dongdaemun mainly. I need to go to bed.

Proper recap of the trip to come later.

No comments: