Apr 22, 2006

Hello friends, family and readers from far away. It's been a busy week. The fourth busy week in a row for us. It all began way back at the end of February with the church evangelistic series that began at the end of Feb. and ran into the first two weeks of March. Then we had a one week "break" when I was frantically planning for our trip to Korea. Then we went to Korea. Came back and went directly into production week for our drama team's dinner show. The week after that was parent teacher conferences, and then last week the youth week of prayer.

One sure sign that my life is out of balancie is the condition of my desk at school. The messier it is, the more stresed and overworked I am. As you can see, in this photo it's been pretty crazy! In the midst of all this busy-ness our house has been neglected, sleep deprivation has become the rule rather than the exception (until this past Tuesday, I had not had a good night's sleep in more than two weeks!), and our diet has come to dangerously close that of the guy in Super Size Me. On Weds. and Thurs. I ate nothing but McDonald's and by Thursday night I was feeling it!

The week of prayer was successful though. Monica, our kindergarten teacher and my co-director in REAL Christian Theater, was the chief organizer and she did a fantastic job. The place was full every night (and even this morning for church) with kids and youth. The program was tight, the music uplifting, and the Spirit present. Here's a photo from the Thurs. night program. Barbara is upfront with the worship team.

There was a lot of drama with REAL, my youth drama ministry-and I'm not referring to anything haveing to do with acting. Our sound tech/stage manager quit late last week, and on Monday Monica announced that she would not be going with us on our upcoming tour to Palau. She's since changed her mind. Whew!

That's the next big event on our calender right now--the tour to Palau. We're all excited, but there is still a lot to do and at least $2000 still to raise. We've got a 5K run that we want to do in two weeks and we will be staging "Per Chance to Dream" again also in about two weeks. Hopefully between that and mail-in donations we will get the funds we need. We've already made our reservations so we are going--as to how it will come together, only God knows. Pray for us!



Here's a photo of me and Vince, my running buddy (and the Grade 1/2 teacher at our school) taken on Thursday at lunch recess. I know Mom will be horrified by the hair. Sorry mom :(

No comments: