Jun 9, 2007

Against the Current: In the Midst of Departures, an Arrival!


Welcome Rosana! Britni, Rosana, and Barbara at Rosana's arrival early Saturday morning.

Almost lost in the shuffle of emotional farewells and the eulogizing of the departing All-Stars is the quiet arrival of a new teacher at the Saipan Seventh-day Adventist School. One of Britni's best friends, Rosana Beharry, arrived in Saipan in the early morning hours of Sabbath, June 2. She's here just for the summer to teach summer school ESL.

I don't know her real well and I'm not sure how much of a chance I'll get to know her, as she'll be leaving soon after I return from my own vacation, but I am impressed by her gracious demeanor and positive attitude. I think she'll do a great job and we're glad to have her on the team, if only for a little while.

No comments: