Jan 8, 2022

92: The One for Matthew

 By Jeff Fulford



I’m a Tampa boy who became good friends with two Walker boys Mark and Matthew. Through our rival schools, FLA camp meetings, FLA, and Southern College I became close to both of them. I roomed with Mark my Senior year at FLA and did a lot of outings with both Mark and Matthew. One memorable time was going to North Carolina after graduation and staying in Dean Wolcott’s cabin with Mark, Matthew, Rusty, and Praveen. We shot guns, watched movies, went “dam” fishing, and talked about life. We were young and felt life would be forever. Life took us all in separate directions after that trip except for Matthew and I went on to Southern College. Matthew and I were chemistry lab partners and we studied together for other classes. We both went on to Loma Linda University in which I studied physical therapy and he studied medicine.

I remember his positivity and his signature laugh. He was always ready to help out when needed and wasn’t afraid to be himself. I cherish all those memories and many more. Life is precious and short. Even though life takes us in different directions the impact one person has on many are vast. Reflecting back on the life Matthew lead he inspired many to be good people. I feel blessed to have been in his circle of friends. We truly have lost someone special.



No comments: