Dec 22, 2008

An Artist's Debut


Barbara's display at Saipan's annual Holiday Art Sale, Sunday, November 30, 2008.

Around Saipan, Barbara is known primarily as an administrator--an organized executive, an inspiring leader, and a skilled businesswoman. But there is another side to Babs--one that I know well, but that until recently she's not shown to very many others. She is also an artist--an imaginative painter, with an eye for abstract designs and the creative and beautiful use of color.

This past November 30, Babs took the courageous step of sharing her artistic visions with a wider audience. She decided to exhibit some of her work at Saipan's annual Holiday Art Sale. Her unique abstract paintings really stood out and garnered attention from those attending the sale.

I'm so proud of Babs and I think her work is wonderful. Of course, I am biased, but I also know that I'm genuinely drawn to her work and that I would not be able to create the visually interesting and athestically pleasing works of art she has designed.

I find it interesting that both Babs and I have lately taken steps to pursue our artistic ambitions, me with my novel and she with her painting. Who knows whether either of us will ever make it big with our art. . .the important thing is that we are doing what we love and taking steps to share what we love with others. I am enjoying that journey with her.

Below are four of the ten paintings Babs exhibited at the art sale. These are my favorites! All paintings are acrylic on canvas.


Spiraling Blue


Road to Palau


Blue Race


Windows of Peace

If you're interesting in purchasing one of Barbara's pieces or would like to see more of her work, leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments: